Wednesday, September 22, 2004

XBOX Part I

Just have to share this news with all!! My xbox arrived on Tuesday. I proudly brought it home, the box with the accompanying jacks and stuff. Dad asked immediately, "What's that?". So I told him.

The response was met with a grave look. Guess it is not a very reassuring thought for a father to have a 28 yr old married son spending thousands on video games. The fact that I had recently purchased a comic set for an exorbitant price(It'S ASTERIX for heavens' sake) did not help my cause much either.

But as they say , "You gotta do what you gotta do". ;)

All enthusiasm at starting it up waned immediately as I saw the power cord rating of 120V. We have a 220 V supply here, just like the queen. Wonder why the Americans wanted to be different in everything that they do. So I gave up on any further attempts until I had a transformer capable of the task.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home